Monday, January 12, 2009

Intentions

When I wake up in the mornings I think, "Today will be the day I start posting on my blog on  a regular basis."  And of course, I don't.  I totally love the idea of it.  But actually finding the time to do it is a whole other thing entirely.  And although, you may think my mind is simple and I may not have anything to say, that is far from the truth.  Maybe I have too much to say, and that is why I don't post.  Having trouble finding the exact words to convey my many thoughts.  


As I sit here, I keep taking little peeks at my children who are sound asleep.  Jacob on the couch.  Anna Kate in a swing, just swinging away.  They look so peaceful.  As I look at them; I am overwhelmed with the idea of the gift of them to me from God.  How special and amazing it is that God chose me (and Michael), to be the parents of these precious beings.  I hope I never take that gift lightly or ever forget just how special it is to be given this "job".  I pray that I am the kind of parent God has called me to be.  But I know, oh how I know, there are so many times I fall short.  And I realize I have let God down, and my children.  What guilt that is!  I will  strive everyday to be exactly the parent God has called me to be.  Hopefully, the times I fall short will become fewer as I solely lean on God!!

0 comments: