Saturday, August 23, 2008

A little bit of me



 

It was my birthday!  I turned 34 on August 17.  But we celebrated the day before.  We went to eat at Sullivan's Downtown.  It was the first time my parents had eaten there and Jacob was still a little sick.  However, it was a very lovely evening and the dinner was yummy!  Where we were sitting we were able to see the lights changing colors behind the bar and that served as great entertainment for Jacob.  At lease for a little while.  Ever since I had Anna Kate, I have been desperately trying to lose weight.  Not really doing anything to help the process along, though.  So, I had been asking for the Wii Fit.  I had resigned myself to the fact that it would be Christmas before I received this because it is such a hot item right now and very hard to get.  But my sweet husband got me one for my birthday.  And I have to say, I actually enjoy doing it.  It is actually quite fun.  However, I do not like the fact that every time I step on the board it makes a little squeak as if I have hurt it in some way.  That really does not do much for the self esteem of one who is trying to lose weight.  In helping with your "fitness" level, it is all about your "Center of Balance".  It checks to see where your individual center of balance is.  The first time it checked mine, it proceeded to tell me that it is a little off and it wonders if I sometimes trip when I walk.  How does this "board" already know so much about me with one little "test"?  Oh well!  I will continue to "work-out" with this wonderful little "board", and have fun while I am "working-out".

0 comments: